You need a content marketing toolkit if you would you like to:
- Build awareness among the right target audiences
- Create and distribute useful content that your prospects crave
- Nurture leads at each stage of the funnel until your prospects are ready to buy.
Content marketing is defined as “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience—and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
It’s taken a while for most of us to adapt and find our footing when it comes to content marketing, but what was once an ill-understood new practice has become the B2B industry norm.
In fact, the latest 2017_B2B_Research_Paper shows that 28% of us are in the sophisticated or mature phase of content marketing maturity, and 62% are more successful than we were just one year ago. To keep improving, we need to develop content marketing tools that can make creation more strategic, amplification more effective, and measurement more precise.
And since LinkedIn® is on a mission to help marketers succeed, when they create or discover a valuable tool, they usually share it.
In their latest resource, The Content Marketing Toolkit, LinkedIn put together a virtual Swiss Army knife of content marketing tools you can use for every aspect of content marketing, from strategy to SEO to proving ROI. These resources are designed to be easy to use, but customizable enough that you can use them over and over again. Thank you, LinkedIn!
Here are the 7 tools LinkedIn created for The Content Marketing Toolkit:
- Content Calendar Template: Use this spreadsheet to plan your own content. You can use it to create a timeline, coordinate content creation, and keep track of your promotion and amplification tactics.
- Social Media Distribution Plan: Coordinate your social media sharing across all the major platforms with this spreadsheet. It’s designed to help you keep track of paid and organic posts, and to make sure the creative for each post fits each platform’s guidelines.
- Content Audit Template: This spreadsheet will help you make the most of the content assets you already have. Categorize content by type and purpose, track performance, and use that information to suggest how content might be repurposed.
- Content Gap Analysis: This slide deck is a companion to the content audit template. It can help you determine how much new content needs to be created by identifying holes in your existing content as compared to your marketing objectives.
- SEO Checklist: Use these two checklists to make sure every piece of content is optimized for organic search. One list is devoted to on-page optimization, the other for optimizing meta information. A quick pass through both before you publish could drastically improve your content’s performance.
- Content Marketing Strategy for 2017 Template: A documented content marketing strategy is a major factor in the success of your efforts. This slide deck will help you develop a plan and present it to stakeholders.
- Metrics and Analytics Dashboard: This slide deck is designed to help you present your content strategy and its results to the C-suite, should you have one. With customizable slides and comprehensive instructions, it can help you show that your content is meeting the needs of your business.
More brands are investing in content marketing given its positive impact on everything from demand generation to upselling current customers. But implementing a content strategy can take time when you’re first starting the process. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a blueprint for success?
Well, LinkedIn’s got you covered with a free suite of resources. You can gain access to LinkedIn’s Content Marketing Toolkit to download free resources, such as:
- Content Calendar
- Social Media Distribution Plan
- Content Marketing Strategy for FY17 Template
- Content Audit Template
- Content Gap Analysis
- SEO Checklist (download here to get a sneak peek)
- Metrics and Analytics Dashboard
These simple templates will make it easier to implement your content marketing strategy. Enjoy!