Fact: LinkedIn users with complete profiles are 40 times more likely to receive opportunities through LinkedIn. (This is partly because complete profiles get ranked higher when someone does a search.)
Fact: A recent Jobvite survey found that 93% of recruiters use LinkedIn to source candidates. (No surprise there.)
So, whether you’re a W-2 employee, a 1099 contractor, small biz owner or job seeker, you need to confirm that your profile is 100% complete.
According to my source (LinkedIn), a complete profile on LinkedIn includes:
- Your industry and location
- An up-to-date current position (with a brief description)
- Two past positions
- Your education (include your high school, or coursework if you’re a “some college,” like me)
- Your skills (minimum of 3)
- A profile photo (no animals in these photos, please, and a smile is best)
- At least 50 connections
And if you think your entire profile could use a thorough audit, or maybe just a bit of a makeover, check out this handy DIY tool I now offer via download
for only $9.99 download or feel free to contact me to schedule a personalized 2 hr session so we can tackle your LinkedIn profile together and then we’ll make sure you are maximizing your time on this powerful platform.