As a follow-up to my popular first post containing 10 of my favorite quotes related to networking, I wanted to share 10 more of my faves. I’ve since come across these on my own, or they were shared with me via comments left on that last post. These quotes will hopefully motivate you as well as the most seasoned networkers (like me!) out there to embrace the upcoming networking season.
Here are 10 more of my favorite quotes to help inspire and motivate us all to grow our professional networks:
1) If you want to go fast, go along. If you want to go far, go with others. – African Proverb (Courtesy of Theresa Timpson)
2) A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses. - Chinese Proverb (Courtesy of Ahamad Alisah)
3) Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark. - Jay Danzie
4) Eventually everything connects – people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se. - Charles Eames
5) It isn’t just what you know, and it isn’t just who you know. It’s actually who you know, who knows you, and what you do for a living. - Bob Burg
6) Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. - Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien (Courtesy of Laura Babbitt)
7) Help the people in your network. And let them help you. - Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, author
8) The richest people in the world look for and build networks, everyone else looks for work. - Robert Kiyosaki, author
9) Listening is the new prospecting. - Brian Tracy
10) Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers. – Anthony Robbins, life coach, self-help author and speaker
Bonus quote (and one you’ll hear in my effective networking presentations): “Don’t be a hit and run with your new connections. Make an effort to stay in touch or in occasional contact with folks you meet with whom you want to stay connected.” – Sandy Jones-Kaminski
Do you have your own quote about networking?
P.S. If you like this type of thing, you’ll love my book – I’m at a Networking Event–Now What???: A Guide to Getting the Most Out of Any Networking Event. Just sayin’…
Need help developing an opportunity-generating, online and/or offline networking strategy for your business or career? Check out my Work With Me page while you’re here.Read More
If you weren’t able to join us for our June Afternoon Snack & Give Back learning series, or missed 1 or more of the live Hangouts, you can now view all 3 of our business-boosting sessions from this popular web series whenever you like! Want a sneak peek or reminder? Just click below:
The learning topics range from how to not hate yourself the morning after a networking event, to putting an end to playing it small in business as well as how to make the most of your presence on LinkedIn and remembering names via the Name Game. You’ll also find some lively Q&A at the end of each video.
Don’t miss this chance to get exclusive access to the 3 Afternoon Snack & Give Backs we recorded during our June Hangouts by registering via the form below and you’ll receive a password to access an exclusive video album on Vimeo containing all 3 videos!
Afternoon Snack & Give Backs are brought to you by Sandy Jones-Kaminski of Bella Domain Media, and Nikki Rausch of Sales Maven, June 2014.
And if you’d like to share these videos with your friends, clients or social networks, we’re A-OK with that, but ask that you please point them to this blog post, so they can register below and receive a special link and password too.
I hope you enjoy the Afternoon Snack & Give Back Hangout videos and look forward to connecting with you again soon!
Subscribe today to get access:
Do you often hate yourself the morning after attending a networking event? Let’s put an end to that!
Register for a FREE zero-calorie afternoon break and G+ Hangout on Wed, June 11, 2014, where you will learn:
How to redefine networking into an activity that’s ultimately satisfying and even energizing (instead of exhausting)
Why exchanging resources is more important than exchanging business cards
How a pay-it-forward attitude can (and should!) be applied to networking and building good social karma
How to remember names via a simple and easy technique that will boost your confidence & increase your credibility
If any of these resonated with you, be sure to sign up for the 1st of 3 Afternoon Snack & Give Backs offered this June by yours truly and a fab new collaborator/friend of Bella Domain Media, Nikki Rausch, also know as “Your Sales Maven.”
You’ll get all the details once you register via this page and we hope you can join us!
BTW, there will be a Q&A (if time allows) and seriously-special offer presented at the end of the Hangout, so make sure you stick around until the end!
Here’s the link again in case you want to share it with others: http://bit.ly/GivebackH1 (Thank you if you do!)
P.S. If you can’t join us, and don’t have my helpful book yet, I thought I’d make this easy:Read More
February is one of my favorite months to host a Pay It Forward Party because, typically, and probably thanks to Valentine’s Day, most of us seem even more inclined than usual to open our hearts and show some support and a little luv to the awesome people that make up our networking community.
Get the details for my Wed, Feb 12th PIF Party over on Eventbrite and I hope to see you there!
P.S. Feel free to bring a friend, or two, or three…the more the merrier! Just click the button below to share the invite.
(This is a SF Bay Area – East Bay event.)Read More
Well, 2013 is almost a wrap and, to sum up a pretty great year, I’m sharing my top 5 articles/posts of 2013. You loved (and shared) them the first time, so here they are one more time — I hope you enjoy!
- 10 of My Favorite Quotes About Networking
- 7 Savvy Networking Tips
- The 10 Things I Do on LinkedIn Each and Every Week
- 3 Simple Steps to Get Started With a Company Page on LinkedIn
- 3 Things You Should Do On LinkedIn Sooner Rather Than Later
P.S. Last chance to take advantage of $50 off 2013 prices for a 2 hr personalized Boost Your Brand on LinkedIn session. Click here to secure this special pricing!Read More