As a follow-up to my popular first post containing 10 of my favorite quotes related to networking, I wanted to share 10 more of my faves. I’ve since come across these on my own, or they were shared with me via comments left on that last post. These quotes will hopefully motivate you as well as the most seasoned networkers (like me!) out there to embrace the upcoming networking season.
Here are 10 more of my favorite quotes to help inspire and motivate us all to grow our professional networks:
1) If you want to go fast, go along. If you want to go far, go with others. – African Proverb (Courtesy of Theresa Timpson)
2) A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses. – Chinese Proverb (Courtesy of Ahamad Alisah)
3) Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark. – Jay Danzie
4) Eventually everything connects – people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se. – Charles Eames
5) It isn’t just what you know, and it isn’t just who you know. It’s actually who you know, who knows you, and what you do for a living. – Bob Burg
6) Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. – Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien (Courtesy of Laura Babbitt)
7) Help the people in your network. And let them help you. – Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, author
8) The richest people in the world look for and build networks, everyone else looks for work. – Robert Kiyosaki, author
9) Listening is the new prospecting. – Brian Tracy
10) Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers. – Anthony Robbins, life coach, self-help author, and speaker
Bonus quote (and one you’ll hear in my effective networking presentations): “Don’t be a hit and run with your new connections. Make an effort to stay in touch or in occasional contact with folks you meet with whom you want to stay connected.” – Sandy Jones-Kaminski
Why not tweet me your own favorite quote about networking?
P.S. If you like this type of thing, you’ll love my book – I’m at a Networking Event–Now What???: A Guide to Getting the Most Out of Any Networking Event. Just sayin’…
P.P.P.S. Need help developing an opportunity-generating, online and/or offline networking strategy for your business or career? Check out my Work With Me page while you’re here. Thanks for stopping by!