Headshot Days May 2013: San Francisco
With social networking sites like LinkedIn being such an important part of how we connect with one another, having a professional headshot is simply no longer optional. Your headshot is your online “first impression” and tells the world that you mean business.
Our photographer’s fees for a professional studio sitting begin at $450, but not during Headshot Days! Reserve your spot today and pay the deeply discounted rate of just $195.
To claim your space, visit the registration page, read through all the pricing and cancellation clauses (also below), then select your preferred time slot. Please note that prepayment is required to lock in your slot. You will then be directed to the Headshot Days Payment page to complete your order. That’s it! You’ll get a confirmation and further instructions as the event draws near.
We hope you can take part in this very special event and get a professional headshot for all your social networking, professional branding and horn-tooting needs. Here’s everything you need to know to sign up today:
DATES & AVAILABILITY
- Friday, May 10, 2013: 10:30am to 6pm, last appt at 5:30pm
Saturday, May 11, 2013: 10am to 1:30pm, last appt at 1:00pm
You can see the remaining time slots on our Sign-up Genius page – lock yours in today! And then pay for your session via our PayPal cart here. (Reminder: Your slot will not be secured until payment is received.)
FEES We’re excited to be able to offer you a professional headshot session which includes one retouched 8×10 JPEG at 300ppi delivered via e-mail for just $195 (regularly $450 and up.) This includes minor retouching such as softening under the eyes, smoothing wrinkle lines, eliminating lens glare and hiding minor stray hairs.
- Wardrobe change – $50. Pre-purchase required. Does not apply to a change of jacket or tie but is intended for those clients who want to have an entirely new look (for example, corporate attire or casual wear.)
- Additional images – $35 each including minor retouching. It may be hard to choose just one! You can select this option before or after your session.
- Make-Up – see below
- Deluxe retouching is available at flat rate of $40 for up to 3 images.
MAKE-UP Professional make-up application is highly recommended for both men and women who want a first-rate photo. As beautiful as you naturally are, professional make-up helps conceal any blemishes, minimize dark circles under eyes, eliminate five o’clock shadow, catch flyaway strands of hair, and prep your face for the lighting required in a professional shoot. Many of the headshots you see featured on Nathan’s site have had professional make-up, and some of the women are wearing false eyelashes to give their eyes depth and “pop.” If you select this option, you will need to arrive 45 minutes prior to your session time so block your calendar accordingly.
- Women $80*
- Men $60
- Eyelashes $15 and they’re yours to keep!
Advance purchase is required to ensure we have enough time, talent and product on hand. If you’re waffling, consider this: if I had to choose between a night out on the town and having my make-up done for this shoot, I’d gladly stay in all weekend to get the best shot possible.
TIPS FROM OUR PHOTOGRAPHER We are thrilled to have Nathan Phillips participating in this event! He’s a talented local photographer and has photographed Gavin (yes, that one!), Michael Phelps, Dana Carvey, MC Hammer, Vida Blue, the CEO of NetApp and everyday legends-in-the-making just like you. He knows a thing or two about getting the best shot, so please take note of his tips:
- Dress as you want to be perceived. If you have a casual look or want to look creative, dress accordingly. If you are gunning for the corner office, wear corporate attire.
- Stay away from plaids, prints, and checks; solids work best. Regardless of physique, most people look better with garments that cover upper arms.
- Ladies, if you are not purchasing the professional make-up upgrade, apply your own as if you are going out for an evening function. Consider false eyelashes to bring your eyes forward. Don’t laugh – all the models featured on most photographer’s websites have them!
- Gentlemen, off-white or light blue shirts work a bit better with a jacket and tie, if you’re going for the corporate look.
- RELAX! This is going to be fun.
We can’t wait to see your new headshot online soon.